- PlantPaper is on a green mission, and we are proud to be the first in the industry to supply a certified plastic-free plug system for young plants. Our U1 paper is certified 100% biobased and in compliance with the European standard EN13432, which sets standards for both biodegradability and composability, says Carsten Storgaard, CEO at PlantPaper.
The Danish innovative company set out on the green mission in 2016, believing that it was possible to do things better and more environmentally friendly in the plant and flower industry. Today PlantPaper has developed a complete 360° propagation system relying on the 100% biobased paper plugs.
- U1 is developed to supply plants with optimal growing conditions, and at the same time avoid the use of indestructible plastic ending up in oceans, soil, and air. We decided to focus on biobased materials, and we are happy to prove that it is possible to grow plants without the use of plastic, says Carsten Storgaard.
Carsten Storgaard, CEO at PlantPaper, with a U1 certified Plastic Free paper plug for young plants.
Many of the existing plug systems on the market today contains huge amounts of polyester, glue, chemicals, and other indestructible materials – all of which ends up in the soil when the plugs are planted out. It may not be visible, but all of it is traceable and harmful to the environment. PlantPaper U1 gives growers the benefit of high airflow to the root-system, healthy rooting, short cultivation cycles and an environmentally friendly production at the same time.
- We use intelligent fibers sourced from sugar molecules and processed into a lightweight paper sleeve. PlantPaper U1 is designed to work against fungus attacks and provide ideal cultivation conditions for growing seeds, cuttings, and plants – the natural way, says Carsten Storgaard.
Plastic-free and clean conscience
Instead of plastic and other harmful materials, the components used in PlantPaper U1 are natural and simple raw materials.
- Because our paper plugs contain no glue, no pesticides, and no polyester for reinforcement, growers can produce and distribute the young plants with a clean conscience. And equally important, supply a certified, environmentally-friendly product, which is what the market demands, says Carsten Storgaard.
During the recent six months, PlantPaper has broken several sales records and sold machines in more than 20 countries all over the world. Today, PlantPaper is established as a global supplier and brand.
- Consumers all over the world are changing their mindsets and rethinking how we use resources. As suppliers, we must chip in and offer new solutions. With PlantPaper U1, we give growers the opportunity to stand out from the crowd with plastic-free products, says Carsten Storgaard.
Carsten Storgaard and PlantPaper supply a complete 360° propagation system for growers in the plant and flower industry worldwide. They are the first to supply a certified Plastic Free plug system.
FACTS about PlantPaper
PlantPaper supplies a complete 360° propagation system and the Plastic Free certified paper for plugs U1. The company head office and production facilities are located in Ribe, Denmark, and PlantPaper has a global wholesale network providing PlantPaper products to growers worldwide. Learn more: www.plantpaper.com
FACTS about Plastic Free
The Plastic Free certification is a global standardised Plastic Free Trust Mark from A Plastic Planet and is available to brands and producers. Plastic Free is the only certification of its kind, which aims to certify end products and innovative packaging materials containing 0% plastic. With the Plastic Free certification, customers have complete confidence that the products are truly plastic-free.
For further information, please contact PlantPaper via phone +45 7230 1212, or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org